How we collect information from you
We obtain information about you when you use our website (e.g. completing our online enquiry form to contact us) during telephone calls and through face to face contact with the clinic.
The types of personal information we collect
- Personal and contact details including first name, surname, e-mail address, address and phone number
- Your date of birth, gender and age
- Emergency contact information
- Information about your health – when relevant to the provision of our services to you
- Visit information – including past and future appointments and / or class attendance dates
- Insurance information – where relevant
- Records of your contact with us
- Marketing information including history of communications with you by e-mail
- Financial and transactional data – when you make a payment with us in the clinic
How is your information used?
- To provide appropriate services to you
- To contact your insurance provider
- To notify you about changes to our services
- To analyse information so that we can improve our services
- To update you with news, special offers and general information about other services. You can opt out of these updates at any time.
We will hold your personal information for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this policy as defined in the Data Protection Act 2018.
Who has access to your information?
Only employees of Prime Sports Physiotherapy and our approved contractors have access to your data.
We will not sell or rent your information to third parties.
We will not share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
How can you update your information?
The accuracy of your information is important to us. If any of your details change then please contact us directly on firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have opted-in to marketing emails then you will continue to receive these, until any such time you wish to unsubscribe.
Use of ‘Cookies’
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences.
Security of Data
The security of your data is important to us. Your Personally Identifiable Information is kept secure. Only authorised employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information.
All marketing emails from Prime Sports Physiotherapy will give the recipient the option to unsubscribe from future e-mails.
Hard copies of patient files are kept in a secure location.
Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls.
Address: Prime Sports Physiotherapy Ltd, 46a Bavelaw Road, Balerno, Edinburgh, EH14 7AE
Telephone: 0131 449 6128 / 07976 51574
By completing the online enquiry form you are stating that you have read this privacy notice and are giving us permission to process your personal data specifically for the purposes identified.
You may withdraw consent at any time by e-mailing email@example.com
At any point while we are in possession of or are processing your personal data, you have the following rights:
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
• You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office
If you have a complaint regarding the way that we have handled your personal data, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance. Once we have investigated your complaint, if you are still not satisfied with the outcome, you have the right to complain directly to the Information Commissioner’s Office at the address below. It is not necessary for you to complain directly to us before complaining to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Information Commissioner’s office
45 Melville Street
Edinburgh EH3 7HL
Tel: 0303 123 1115
For further information about your rights and about how to complain, you can visit the ICO’s website at: www.ico.org.uk